HOW does one who is obsessed with breakfast sausage accomplish this?
This past weekend, I was in charge of making brunch for my friends before we headed out to Jazz Fest. Knowing that it would be my last “eating clean” meal of the day, I wanted to do it right.
After about an hour of looking at different sausage recipes, I came across a super simple, lean and clean turkey or pork sausage recipe. I was sold!
TIU Friendly Turkey Sausage Patties
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serving size: 12 patties
- 1 lb super lean turkey
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp each cumin, black pepper, nutmeg, oregano, red pepper flakes, and ground ginger
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning (or 1/2 tsp each dried basil, thyme, and sage)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
1) Mix the spices and set aside.
2) Place the turkey, egg and mixed spices into a large bowl and mix until everything is combined. Sorry people, you may have to use your hands for this!
3) Form the mixture into little patties and place them on wax paper until you are ready to cook. I was able to make about 12 patties.
4) Place the patties into a medium skillet on medium heat. I sprayed my pan with a little Pam, because I didn’t want to take the chance of the patties sticking. I’m sure some coconut or extra virgin olive oil will do the trick too!
5) Cook the patties for about 3 minutes on each side. The patties should be nice and brown when they are done.
How do you feel about breakfast sausage patties?