Apparently I’m on some sort of butterscotch kick right now. And I’m not going to lie, I don’t hate it.
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 25 minutes
adapted from food.com
1/4 cup (1/2 a stick) butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp milk
1 large egg
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease your baking pan.
2) Melt butter in 1 1/2 quart saucepan over low heat; remove from heat.
3) Stir in your milk, brown sugar, vanilla and your egg. Keep stirring your egg once it’s in there so that it fully incorporates.
4) Stir in your dry ingredients and butterscotch chips.
5) Pour the batter into your baking pan, and then place it in the oven.
6) Let it cook for 25 minutes.
7) Once it’s done, let it rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
Trust me when I say you want to make these. Warm, rich in flavor … perfect for a cold night when you are looking for something easy and sweet, while you’re watching Modern Family curled up to this sweet thing.
Not that I did that last night or anything.
Are you a butterscotch fan? What is your favorite way to eat butterscotch?
Do you ever have those evenings where you want to veg out and enjoy some sweet treats?
Oh and before I go …
DAY 8: I’m thankful for my love of baking. It’s so relaxing and it give me something to blog about :)